The 2019 edition of the annual British Chevening scholarship for international students is currently ongoing and all outstanding international students are welcome to apply for this program before the application deadline. The Chevening scholarship program is a fully funded program for international students who nurse the ambition to obtain Master’s degree from one of the prestigious Universities in the United Kingdom.
British Chevening scholarship is one of the oldest scholarships in the UK. The program is credited with the sponsor of hundreds of thousands of excellent international students since its inception. Cheveining scholarship is a brainchild of the UK Government and it is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). To be eligible for the scholarship, you must ensure to come from country that is Chevening-eligible (See list of countries through the link below).
Please note that this scholarship is reserved for high achieving international students applying to study Master’s degree taught program in the UK. Also, applicants must ensure to possess outstanding leadership qualities.
The Chevening scholarship program is a fully funded scholarship designed to cover all student’s expenses including full tuition fee, air travel cost, accommodation, emergency health insurance, monthly allowance and other unforeseen expenses.
On a yearly basis, the FCO awards over 1500 outstanding international students with the British Chevening scholarships.
Chevening scholarship is strictly for students applying for Master’s degree taught program in the UK. The scholarship is available to pursue any field of study offered at your choice UK University.
Eligibility for the British Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements;
- Applicants must come from Chevening eligible countries
- You must accept the condition to return and live at your country of birth for at least two years on the completion of your Master’s degree program
- Must have completed an undergraduate study from a recognise University must graduate with at least upper second class honours
- This program is not for newly graduated students as applicants are required to have a minimum of 2 years working experience in relevant fields
- You must have received an offer from any UK University before July 16, 2020
- You must command a good use of the English language both written and spoken as proved by your result of a English proficiency test. See the English language requirement
November 5, 2019
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, interested applicants are to visit the official scholarship page through http://www.chevening.org/ and click the ‘apply button’ next to their country.